Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lucy's Lovely Lines

Lucy's Lovely Lines is a monthly sketch that Lily pad cards hosts. Here's the sketch for this month:

When I first saw the sketch, I'm gonna be honest I wasn't too excited. I've never been fond of change and this was a little different than the norm... it's square. It was so different that I figured I wouldn't play with it. There's a ton of challenges out there and there is no way I can enter them all every time. Course that is the easier road.

A number of days past and I didn't think anything of it. Then Laurel Beard made a video and made it look easy ...I decided to give it a whirl. Thanks Laurel!

Here's my card:




The square is craft cardstock, the stamps are from Lawn Fawn's new on the mend set. I wanted to make a chain of band aid's that didn't have smiles. I was gonna do hearts or flowers in the center but the stamp just wouldn't work with me. I tried 5 or 6 times of inking and removing the smile and it just wouldn't budge so I keep the smiles.... thankfully they are really cute. I colored them with Copic's E50, E00, and E11. The paper is Cosmo Cricket Salt Air.... I am just loving this paper, I really should get another pack. I embossed the sentiment then made a dash to the first aid kit. No, I didn't get a paper cut. Originally I thought a bow made out of gauze would be really cool, and it came out ok but it was on the dull side so I used some ribbon instead.

Before I glue everything in place I play with the elements on the card to make sure that's where I like them. In that process I thought stitching would be nice so I added the dashes. Then I glued everything down. I decided to add enamel accents to the center smile, the eyes came out great.... the mouth not so much, I blame the bottle. lol it was prolly user error but who knows. I ended up cutting the center of the middle band aid out and making a whole new band aid to replace it. That smile was out for me.... the wet part I cut out happily stuck itself to the inside of the card very frustrating. I solved that issue by putting 2 band aids on the inside to cover the ickyness up.

I pushed myself and am very happy with the results, it turned out to be a really cute card. I don't think it's a perfect square but its close enough, I ished the measurements. For those of you who know me... yes I ished it.. hard to imagine but I did. Please understand I am an exact person who likes exact numbers. With Dk's help I have learned to ish things.

I can bake.. it's exact ..the less exact you are the worst your results... easy.. cooking on the other hand.. not so much. Cooking isn't exact cooking is ish. I cringed many a times when in my trainings in the kitchen Dk would say on purpose "no I'm not gonna give you an exact number". Thankfully ish doesn't bother/limit me anymore, now if only I could get over this stubborn streak.

3 comments:

  1. That card is so cute! And I do NOT mean cute-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, I love the color on your band-aids, can't wait for Linda to re-stock this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, so glad you gave this challenge a try - it's an ADORABLE card! (And for the record, you could have made this rectangular, too) Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete