Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

A New Challenge

As stated before I am really enjoying card challenges. I need a basic idea as to what to do before I can start creating. Since they are so popular I'm guessing I'm not the only one. Through a new friend I was directed to the CR84FN challenge and I thought this week's color pallet would be kinda fun so I decided to try it out. Bright Pink, Gray and Cream.

Here is their graphic/inspiration photo:


And here is my attempt:

I used the Penny Black Majestic Composition background stamp inked with Memento's London Fog (gray) on a piece of cream paper. It was the only cream I had, I'm not a big fan of the texture. {Note to self by cream card stock}. I then used spun sugar and warn lipstick distress ink to pink it up some, the spun sugar just wasn't pink enough.

The gray strip of paper is Neenah solar white card stock that was inked with the London fog aka gray . I love how it's a little thinker ink on the bottom. :D. I found in my stash the pink argyle pattern and cut out diamonds. It's made by Heidi Grace designs. {killer sale at one of those chain stores, 5 sheets for a dollar}

The sentiment is called Every Occasion from Close to my Heart. Let me just say they are worth the money, by far the most expensive stamps in my stash however they are really, really nice. Not as nice as Lawn Fawn but I just adore that font, great set.

I think the gem is hero arts and the ribbon we picked up from wally world last night when we picked up the lights for my .....new PHOTOGRAPH STATION!!!

Sorry about the yelling but Iz excited. I cannot tell you how happy that station makes me. The best part is it only cost me $23 to make! I will most definitely be making a post about the station and how we created it very soon.

Katie

6 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I am loving your blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I have to echo the comment from above, too-- I'm also loving your blog. =) Way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the color combo and how the triangular shapes really draws you into the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean and simple, and lovely! I realy like the diamond border. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Birthday card Katie! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is so pretty!

    I hope you meant 23 cents, though, and not $23. Because for that price I'll never afford for you to make cards for me!

    ReplyDelete