Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

SSSS, YCU and the CAS Friday



Woot! It's paid day off! I love those.. if only we had more. :D (It's Labor day here in the grand ol US of A, which means we get to rest from our labors.. that is if you don't work in retail.) I'd prefer to go to the Europien Holiday schedule.. something like 20 days off a year. Now that would be awesome... Anywho I digress.

I've managed to combine 3 card challenges into 1 card. Awhile back I saw a card where the person entered a card into 7 challenges. It really was a stretch. Who knows why she was entering when the card didn't qualify and I swore I wouldn't do that. However this just so happens to fit into all three without breaking any rules. Lets start with my card:




The 411 on the card. I embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder. The flower was a stamped image given to me by a new friend (I'll fill you in with those details on a later post) to color with my Copic's (the numbers are listed below). The flower stamp is by Papertray Ink. The True is from Harold's ABC's by Lawn Fawn and the Love is from.. take a wild guess... op you got it.. my favorite sentiment set ever for every occasion by Close to my heart.

Ok so on to the challenges.. this card was initiallydesigned for:




Unlike last time I've finished the card before the challenge is over. :D We had to use a book as inspiration. The book I decided to use is "The Princess Bride" which I haven't actually read... I don't think that was a requirement though. I almost used "As you wish" as the sentiment but I ended up using True love instead, it goes perfect with the red flower.

As it's a colored image I'm also entering a second entry into the 1st ever Young Crafters Unite Challenge. Here is my first entry if your interested.


Lastly I'm entering it into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge... this week's theme is Anything goes. :D They are highlighting Cuttlebug embossing folders. So I decided to break out with one of mine for the card.


I am very proud of my Copic coloring. Just amazing how practicing and YouTube video's can really make a difference. I did have that class not to long ago and I learned some basic pointers that filled in the gaps but practice is really what's done the trick. I used R22, R24 and R27. There is a touch of R29 in there in a few places.

Here is a close up of the flower:




I hope your having a good weekend!

Katie

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Katie, so elegant, I love the flower it really pops off the card.
    Europeans having 20 something bank holidays! We wish lol. We did have 8 this year thanks to the Royal Wedding giving us an extra one which was lovely and very nice of young William lol :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Stamptember blog hop
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant card! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The flower is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in at YCU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flower and a beautiful card. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Katie! I love the fabulous red flower =) Thank you so much for joining our first Young Crafters Unite challenge!

    ReplyDelete