Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Not quite what I imagined

Funny how in my brain its one way then when I'm finished it's totally different. I really wanted to use Hero Art's Real Leaves however those leaves are really big. The Lawn Fawn one's however are perfect sized so I got them out instead. Originally I was going to make this for a color challenge however things went south real quick. Thankfully it works for the anything goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

Let me encourage all of you guys that follow that don't normally craft to enter into this challenge. Create something this weekend.. anything, what ever it is take a pic of it and submit it. You don't have to blog about it just submit it.. You have until Tuesday like noon ish.. I don't remember the exact time with the time zones and what not. They will pick a random winner. You could win $50 dollars.. $50! That can go along way in the crafting world. Anywho I got sidetracked...

Starting with the middle I made a strip of paper with various distress inks and then stamped the leaves with various distress inks. It was bright... I can't help it I just make bright stuff. It was way to bright to be in the center so I pulled out some vellum and covered it... it actually looks pretty cool. Found some brown paper from Hello Luscious. Inked the white card stock and ta da..



I used a ton of different distress inks including a couple from the new limited edition pack. A part of me was slightly disappointed with them. Ripe persimmon is a stunning color however you can make it with spiced marmalade with a hint of barn door. This will be faster but I was kinda hoping for a truly "new" color. My guess is I bet I could recreate the other colors with some fiddling around. They are beautiful though and I was lucky to get my hands on them.

I haven't put all of my distress inks into the cool tool manager yet so I'm just gonna list them here as I want this to be a quick post. Here goes: Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Ripe Persimmon, Antique Lenin, Gathered Twigs, Pine Needle, Barn Door and Warn Lipstick. I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two.

The sentiment is from Close to my heart.. they are fantastic stamps.. way expensive but high quality.

Do you have any exciting plans for this weekend?

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment