Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

More samples

Yay.. I love Wednesdays it's craft night. Linda from Stamp Fever asked me to make a couple of cards using this stamp. The last time she asked me to make something I made these. These new cards were not as easy as the others.

Last time I did the mistake of using items that are not able to be sold by the store... oops.. I didn't think about that. I just love my Close to my Heart set... This time I used only stuff I could buy or order from Stamp Fever.

Since the background stamp was Penny Black I tired to only use Penny black items and aside from the pearls I succeeded.

Here is my first card:



I took a piece of card stock and covered it with broken china distress ink, than took the Zen stamp and sprayed it with water and stamped.. you can't really see the water mark it made but it's there. The sentiment is from Hello friend. The flower is called Sparkle also Penny Black. The pearls are from a Hero Arts mixed accents pack.

The flower was colored with Copic's.. er yeah.. funny thing, I wrote the whole list down as it was a slue of them.. its not around. You know I'll find it as soon as I post this... I'll have to edit the post when I find it. Oh well. I can say I stamped the flower with Cantaloupe and the leaves with Cottage Ivy Then I set in with the Copic's. I used about 12 different colors 4 yellow, 4 green and 4 brown... Sorry about that. For the most part it was 3 of the same family and the 4th being a much darker marker for the shadowing which was done in tiny bits.

Here is the second:



Ink: Distress-broken china and a touch of faded Jeans. Memento black was also used.
Copics- Flower: Y13, Y15, Y17 Frog: G29, and two others lol. Bees:Y08 and B000

Those bees are so cute I have to use them more often.

A shout out to the hubby for helping me with creating a water mark. We went in circles for months.. kid you not.. on what it should look like. It's still a work in progress but I'm glad I got something on there.

I'm looking forward to a wonderful long weekend hopefully full of crafting.

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Wow! Love all the very bright and happy colors on these cards! That big flower really emits a lot of happiness since we still have such beautiful weather in our parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable, bright, cheery, cards. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Stampember celebration.

    ReplyDelete