Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Only one layer?

Yay! I was able to do some crafting. Wed, my usual night, was busy with all the guests. Dk made Pho. Pho isn't a lets just cook for 1 person kind of meal.. well when is Dk every able to cook for just one person.. really he's an all or nothing guy.. one of his best traits if you ask me. We ended up having 15 ish people come over. It was a ton of fun and we'll be doing it again :D

Thankfully I was able to get some time in last night. I don't have time to enter in all the contests... I do have a job. There were two that just so happen to be the same thing so I decided I would make a card around that. One Layer.. Tough one really.



The other contest, One-Layer Wednesday, is also one layer however its color an image.. which I LOVE doing. I adore my Copic's there one of my favorite thing's. I'm still really new with them .. and they are still awesome. I decided to use craft paper instead of white... change it up a little.



Not to bad for a first try. The copic's came out really nice on the craft paper... I wasn't to sure what was going to happen there.

Stamps: Real Leaves, Find Joy My go to's lately. :D
Copic's... er I wrote them down however I left the list at home :( Sorry about that. I used, off the top of my head, R12, R22, R24 for the red leaf.. and for shading I used W2,W4, W6, W7, & C0
As for the yellow and orange.. I don't remember.

I still need to work on my shading looking at it now I can see where I should put in more W7 or even W8. It's a learning curve and I will embrace what done and take what I've learned to the next card.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Katie

12 comments:

  1. These colors are beautiful together! I love it. I like your watermark on the pictures, too. It's not distracting, and the font is great. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous!!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous fall card! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! It's absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful fall card...such pretty leaves Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.....Your shading is impeccable! It is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you guys are awesome, I have the other Copic colors for ya. For the yellow flower I used Y15, Y17,Y19 and for the Orange flower I used YR15, YR16, YR18

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right, the Copics did come out really well on the kraft paper! I am going to have to give it a try! Great addition to the OLW challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful, your colouring is stunning!
    You could enter it into the challenge at http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/, a CAS challenge blog and we are trying for 1000 entries this week?
    Could you support us?
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Copics on kraft! Lovely job. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! love the intense color you achieved on top of kraft, I know that's not easy to do. I like the colors you used for your shadows too, and I can tell you it will get easier the more you practice. And with the help of Marianne's tutorials (ilikemarkers on blogspot).

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! The copics on kraft are gorgeous, and I love how you did the shadow around the leaves. This is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete