Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Camp.. Card Camp that is...

I came home from Girls Camp and decided to enroll in Card Camp and am not regretting it. So much talent from all over the world has become a captive audience. Needless to say I’m happy with that purchase. The theme of camp is color and the homework we’ve been asked to do, if we so choose, is to make note of color combos in the world be it a flower bed, sign, store display etc. Genius… I hadn't really thought of doing this, it makes so much sense. I adore my smart phone so I figured I would take note with photos. I am fortunate enough to live down the street from Disneyland and am fortunate enough to have a Disney pass. The color combo's in flower beds they create are stunning... I could have a lifetime of color combos just from Disneyland. I digress.

Monday's are the days they release the new color combination at card camp. I didn’t sign up til Tuesday so I was already a day behind. Here is this week's color combo:



I had a difficult time getting those colors to work for me. Granted I was having sinus issues and just wanted to sleep all day however I really wanted to get an entry in. I spent some time with the stamps and the wheels started turning. I ended up having a number of issues come up, mostly due to my cloudy thinking but I keep my nose down and finished the card. I don’t know why the color combo was so difficult. Although thinking about it now I don't really own those colors but I made due. There are almost 500 cards entered and a number of them are gorgeous, again some serious talent. Mine is but a humble card... clean and simple.


Stamps: Penny Black -Hello Friend and Lawn Fawns - Sophie's Sentiments. All the coloring was done via Copic's. (Sorry I don't have the numbers right in front of me I'll add them to this post later)

We were given a air gun for the Copic's and I decided to give it a whirl. I butchered the first attempt and then ran out of air so the hubby was kind enough to get me another can. (Thanks DK ur the best) It came out pretty good for a first try. That is how I created the sky blue background.

3 more weeks of card camp to go. :D

Katie




8 comments:

  1. Love, love the card, Katie! I heart Fluffles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute! I love the PB stamp and the sky is beautiful. I've never used the air gun for the copics before, and I love the results you got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to incorporate all the colors. I love that fat cat - so cute!!! Wonderful, wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Katie! I ;ove Penny Black's stamps. The kitties are darling. I think you did a great job with the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Thanks for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disney does have some great color combinations!

    ReplyDelete