Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fruity Colors

Sorry! I've been busy... meetings upon meetings upon meetings. Thankfully things are slowing down and I'll be able to craft more often. When I have crafted I didn't have enough time to finish an actual project, thankfully last night I was able to finish two cards.

This is one of the cards I've been working on these past few days... my Mother in Law's birthday card. Her birthday is next week however I will be at girls camp. Fortunately or unfortunately I've set a standard with her cards and needed to makes sure this was done before I go.

I used this weeks Simon Says Stamps challenge and Lily Pad Cards as inspiration. Just so you know if you don't already.. Simon Says Stamp is a great place to purchase items. The really good news is their contests are random winners and you can win $50 in product! Your skill matter it not :D It would be silly not to enter.

This week the inspiration is a photo:


The literal person I am really wanted to break out with fruit stamps and use those however I don't own any.... perhaps that could change if I win. I took the colors and used a new (at least new for me) Penny Black Stamp set and created this:



I used Copic's YG05, YG07, G28, YR15, Y19, R27, R29 to color the image. Cut it out and picked a cherry red floss for the bow. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.. I just couldn't figure out a way to make it look good. The newest challenge at Lily Pad Cards is ribbon so I tried stamping on that and it came out pretty cool so I used that. The down side is the ink did bleed a bit... that's what I get for not owning black StazOn. I'll be purchasing some shortly.

Stamps: To you by Penny Black, Hero Arts Find Joy and Envelope Pattern
Ink: Distress Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jean the Black ink is Versamark
Diamond Stickles are on the flowers

I hope all is well with you!

3 comments:

  1. Wowzers!! You've really made this bouquet come to life, really beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie...this is wonderful!! You translated the color palette perfectly to the flowers and I love how you popped them up on the Envelope background! Great job with the ribbon stamping too! So glad you are playing in the Lily Pad challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! So bright and colorful! I like what you did with the background! Thanks for playing with us at lily pad cards

    ReplyDelete