Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

mmmm Alcohol

I don't drink, but I do love my Alcohol.. ink that is. I just love how bright the colors are and that you can color things other than paper. The last thing I am is an expert on these but what I am good at is pushing buttons and experimenting. What happens if I did....? Some of the experiments don't make it past the recycled bin but some of them turn out to be really cool, and that's how I learn.

Jennifer McGuire suggested via one of her video's buy white and color it yourself. I did just that. Bought some white ribbon and stamped away, as you have seen in my previous postings. I mentioned this to Linda over at Stamp Fever and she asked me how I did it. I told her I would go one step further and bring in samples. I kept the cards a neutral color since the focus is supposed to be on the ribbon. Here they are:

This is a great crape ribbon. (After I discovered how great it inks up I went back and bought a spool.) Then I pulled out the colored ribbons. This next card, the original ribbon color was cream.



I even stamped colored ribbon. Sorry I didn't get a picture of that. The light colored ribbons inked perfectly. I even took a dark red and inked it with green.. it came out amazing. Again, I didn't get a pic but I'm sure I'll be incorporating that into a future card at some point.

As I said before Jennifer McGuire makes the best video's. She teamed up with Two Peas In a Bucket for informative series that was a 9 week class done in the summer of 2009, just amazing! Here are all links to the alcohol video's:

Thinking Inking Alcohol ink Part 1 (part 1 of a 2 part video)

They did the series again last year here is the link to the Alcohol ink video from that series.


Feel free to chug away :D








2 comments:

  1. Really, really yummy! I need to color ribbons someday, it looks like a lot of inky fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for ribbon the exact color I want-- this is a great idea!! Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete