Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

CFC #36

Two weeks in a row :D Happy Days. 



This weeks theme is black and white. At first I was in a bit of shock.. then I embraced it! I adored doing this card.. not to self do more black and white cards:  



I started off with this "magic" paper.. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. You stamp with versamark on it, let dry then stamp a colored image over it. The versamark is supposed to resist the image. Nancy my friend and teacher showed us the magic of this paper in one of our classes. I stamped the top left with versamark fine black ink and it gave that beautiful image but it didn't work. So I switched to Memento black ink for the bottom right flower.. which is why it's a bit more gray. It's better however you can't really see it. I'll have to play around with this stuff a little more er a lot more. lol

Here's most of what I used:

InLinkz.com


I'd like to send birthday wishes to my amazing Mother. She's 70 today. :D Happy Birthday Mom your the best!

Katie

6 comments:

  1. Katie,
    the card is so wonderful! I love the flowers and the design!

    Kind regards,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love the clean and classy elegance of black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?? YOU couldn't use color?? Well, you managed to make it rock. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stamping, Katie! The position of the flowers and ribbons are beautiful! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!Hope to see your beautiful work again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Those blooms are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHoa. I NEED some of this magic paper! This looks awesome!!! So happy you played along with CAS-ual Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete