Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Card Camp wk3

Woo hoo I got a card done in time to get it uploaded and before I head off. :D It's week three of Card Camp :( Where has the time gone? It's been a great/informative class and worth every dime.


Here is this weeks color theme:

And here is my card:


I haven't decided If I love or hate it yet. See.. I love bright colors and the way I did this my intention was to have bright however it didn't come out that way. I do adore the background it looks like marble.

I white embossed the flourish on glossy paper than stamped it with alcohol inks. Cleaned off the white and stamped again.... rinse and repeat.... a few times. I added a splash of color with the bow and voila. I didn't want to add a sentiment, it didn't need it really. Of course I did add one on the inside. :)

This is a thank you card for a family that is hosting us while we are in Utah. We needed 3 spare bedrooms which is exactly what they had. I have no idea who they are yet very nice of them.

I hope ya'll have a good week.

Katie

2 comments:

  1. This is a great card! I love the marbled look with the splash of color!!

    ReplyDelete