Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lawncaping Challenge #14

It's good to be home and crafting again. Oh how I missed you desk. I didn't miss my supplies only because I took a number of them with me. :D It was fun crafting with the cousin's even if it was only for an hour or so.

I've stated before I adore Lawn Fawn and with all the traveling I've done recently I haven't been able to participate with the Lawnscaping challenges as of late. Yesterday I made time in my schedule and got to work so I could get this card in under the wire. :D




As you can see the current challenge is stamp a scene, that's awesome I love scenes.. er that was until I sat down..I couldn't figure out want to do. I pulled all my sets out and picked one I have yet to use, Critters in the sea. I don't remember my justification for buying this set... I do love the ocean. Anywho here is my card:



Now you can't have an ocean scene without plants so I used Blissful Botanicals to fill in that gap. The other stamps are from Critters in the Sea.

If I did this card again I would do it in a different order but as I was just messing around this is what happened. That sand, which I glued on first, are clear beads. Sand isn't clear so I pulled out the Copic air can thingy and airbrushed it with a few shades of Earth tones. It came out pretty good. I ended up airbrushing the blue water as well. All the animals where colored with Copic's and then cut out. I added glossy accents to the animals but the photo didn't really show that so we ended up using a pre-glossy accents photo.

My Bff come down and heckled me as I colored. The plants where her idea as where some of the color choices so I can't take the credit for that. (Note to self stamp them on before you do the beads.) She also made me redo the Octopus which I wasn't happy about until this second one was created.. I love those little dots. You where right Sarah the first one was to dark.

And as always I don't have a list of the Copic's used. I am one step closer though.. this time I wrote them down. I just didn't bring the sheet with me. One day I'll have that for ya. Although does it really matter what colors I used? You can use any color you want. As Bob Ross himself said we are given "artistic licenses". Fell free to use yours. :D

Op I forgot to mention..yesterday I watched this video from Jess Larsen Design and learned how to reverse the stamps which is what I did for the fish on the far right. Very cool and fairly easy to do.

5 comments:

  1. How cool is this card! I love this scene. And wow... Your sand. Amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie! I just love your "stream of consciousness" style of blogging, it's like we are following your random thoughts as they happen, too fun! And anytime someone can fit in a Bob Ross quote, I'm happy. Love your little underwater scene card, the sand is great and the Blissful Botanicals as ocean flora is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stinkin' cute! I love this underwater scene. And I love that you threw blissful botanicals into the mix. Great job. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card!! I love the cartoony feel of these stamps and your cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, must watch the video about reversing the stamp!

    ReplyDelete